Many groomers & show handlers have asked us what the difference is between Artero’s Protein Vital Conditioner & Artero Keratin Vital Conditioner. They want to know how to use it, on what coat types, & when? The primary difference between these two conditioners is that one will not change the texture or add weight to any coat type & the other will.
Protein Vital Conditioner
Protein Vital is a leave in conditioner that instantly restores the vibrancy of all coat types, without adding weight or changing texture. This product works to repair the coat with silk protein, it contains Pro-Vitamin B5 which contributes to the natural shine of a healthy coat & adds elasticity & flexibility while preventing breakage. This product will not soften a hard or wire coat.
Keratin Vital Conditioner
Keratin Vital is a conditioner that instantly restores the softness and shine of natural hair, achieving a silky, easy-to-brush look. Keratin regenerates damaged hair and by adding an additional layer, thereby, adding weight & modifying texture. It helps straighten & soften the coat.
Below are coat types and examples of breeds we recommend using the two products on.
Protein Vital Conditioner:
- Curly coats such as poodle & bichon
- Double coats such as Golden Retriever & Newfoundland
- Spaniels & Setters
- Terriers, especially furnishings & beards
Keratin Vital Conditioner:
- Drop coats such as Afghan Hound, Shih Tzu, Maltese
- Skirts & furnishings on Spaniels & Setters
- Any coat that has been damaged & requires extra attention
How to Apply
These conditioners can be applied differently depending on the condition and length of the coat.
- Regular use: Apply to a clean, damp coat. Use your hands to distribute the conditioner throughout the coat (root to tip). Combing the conditioner through the coat helps to distribute evenly. You do not need to rinse. Blow dry as usual.
- To repair and protect: Apply to a clean damp coat by diluting 2:1 with warm water. Rinse out after 5 minutes.
- As a spray-in conditioner: Add a small amount to a micro-spray water bottle along with hot water to dissolve the product. Spray into the coat & comb through.
Both of these conditioners help seal & protect the hair. They repel dirt & help prevent damage & matting. Used properly, they can help maintain a beautiful coat whether show or pet.